Thursday, October 2, 2008

Question from my Nana

Q: Two things I would love to know: What do you like about your father? And does he ever drive you crazy?

A: Nana, this smells like a trick question.

So here goes nothing. I like that my father writes these blog posts for me as I dictate them and make him erase every second word. He gets his writing ability from me and is getting better; he is still learning, so be patient. I like that he does pretty much anything I ask. It is amazing how all I have to do is bat my eye lashes when I want a cookie. Sometimes he says no to others but gives me a cookie if I pout. I have more tricks up my sleeve, it's hilarious. Anyway, as for things that he does that drive me crazy, I'd have to say when he tries to check on me when I am doing things. Like who does he think he is? I was helping my brothers sell hockey tickets the other day and actually had to tell dad to zip it when he said, "how are you doing, sweetheart?" How embarrassing! Or the other day when he dropped me off at Kindergarten and stood there for about 5 minutes just watching me run the class; I almost told him to stand in the corner, but I knew that he would just be confused.

Other than that, we have a pretty normal relationship, and he is the most important man in my life for now, but he is dispensable. Ha Ha!

2 comments:

Nana said...

Oh Alyssa, you will never, ever stop needing your Dad.............sorry!

Anonymous said...

Alyssa, you have him down pat.
Love is a wonderful sometimes very painful thing as we can always hurt those we love. Maybe that's too deep for you(after all, you're 5).