Monday, June 9, 2008

Darth Vader Sucks

I asked my dad to take me for a tricycle ride today. He told me to go get my helmet on, but I said I wasn't going to crash anywhere. He said, "Nobody plans on crashing you know." So in the house he goes to get my helmet. While he was in the house I was dreaming about a day when I wouldn't have to wear a helmet anymore. After all, I looked like stupid pink Darth Vader in mine. When dad came back out I asked him if I could ride the tricycle without the helmet - just this once. He said that it would be OK if I drove my tricycle around in the driveway. Hooray!! Suddenly I was 25 years old...until I felt the tricycle leaning way too far to the left because my sneaker got caught in the peddle. The closer my tricycle and head got to the pavement, the younger I felt.

CRASH!

I hated my dumb sneaker that day, and the look on my dad's face that said, "...see, that Pink Darth Vader helmet doesn't look so bad on you after all."

I guess it's ok to humor your parents when safety trumps humiliation.

1 comment:

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Hard lesson to learn. My 7 year old boy doesn't think he needs one either. Hope you weren't hurt Alyssa Li.