Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Cows and War

So last night mom tells me that I have to take a bath with my brother. OK...two things wrong with this: 1) He's a boy 2) He's got dirt all over him. So I try to explain to mom that there's NO WAY I am getting in that tub with him. I look at her and say, "Mooooooooom."
And she says, "Yes?"
And I explain very clearly, "I don't want to get a bath with HIM!"
To which she replies, "Well that's too bad; I'm not wasting all that water and I don't have the time to bathe the two of you separately."
OK...two things wrong with this: 1) My mom clearly didn't extrapolate properly when I said that I didn't want to bathe with him 2) I've got all the time in the world.

Anyway, so mom starts filling the tub and my brother jumps in as soon as she touches the stupid tap, and then she tells me to get in. At this point I am feeling like a cow being led to the place where they get turned into hamburgers, and the guy that works there is smiling at me as if I'm already a hamburger. You know the feeling...you're cornered! So I know there's no use in arguing with mom, because I'll just get turned into a hamburger anyway.

I'm now in the tub and my brother takes ALL the toys, including my Dora The Explorer squeezy water toy. THIS IS WAR, MAN. But I try to remain civil and take it from him using both of my hands, and he gets mad at me and throws it at my face. This is unbelievable. I'm turned into a hamburger AND humiliated at the same time. Thank goodness daddy came in and told him that he is not supposed to do that. Eventually, my brother gave up and said he wanted out of the tub. Works for me!!

At any rate...I highly recommend sitting down with your mom to plan out separate bath times. That way, you avoid becoming a hamburger, and Dora The Explorer stays with you.

War avoided.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i use to share the tub with my brother too! he always wanted my barbies....grrr!

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Mmmmmm.... I'll have to think about that. I'm a mommy and my boy and girl used to bath together. I thought they were having fun! You'll have to find a game you both like to play with together. Sometimes Mommies are busy and that needs to happen. :)