Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Middle of Summer

How, now, did we ever make it this far into a beautiful PEI summer? We are so far in that I heard daddy talking with someone at the mall yesterday about back to school shopping. Didn't my brothers just leave school? Boy, we have done so much since then. We adopted a new brother and even went to a beach in a place that I can't pronouce. I think it rhymes with Shmustico or some silly name like that. I think one of my blogstalkers lives near there...Karen the woman daddy says is married to a cool farmer. They sound like a cool family, maybe I'll meet them someday ;)

My new brother is learning lots of English words. My favorite cousin Lauren plays with me all the time, and we're going to a family party this afternoon. We are all bringing water guns. Now I have to go because daddy wants me to help him cut the grass. I don't actually cut it, I just follow him from the front yard to the back yard, smiling, so he thinks I am helping him. HA HA, jokes on him :)

1 comment:

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Hi Alyssa! It's that cool farmer's wife, Karen. I would love to meet you one day. Perhaps you and your family could come for a visit when we're digging potatoes. We have mountains of them! Would you like to see that? And if it's a warm day (without rain) we could go in our pool.
I'll have to make plans with your Mom and Dad, OK?. :)
Keep blogging Alyssa. I think your thoughts are marvelous.