Saturday, August 9, 2008

Shining Waters

Today we are going to the Lake of Shining Waters in Cavendish. It is full of water-slides and ice cream. My brother calls ice-cream "Bin-shee-lin". But I think that ice-cream sounds more yummy. Bin-shee-lin sounds more like ice-cream with spicy sauce on it. Oh, well...to each his own. Anyway, the only problem about today's trip to Cavendish is the RAIN. I don't know where you live, but it has been raining here in Prince Edward Island since I was born. Yesterday it was sunny for a while, and it felt like heaven. I went on the Harbor Hippo with mom because it was her birthday. Dad said she is halfway to 70. I don't know what that means, but mom said, "Very funny".

So back to today, if the rain doesn't stop until after Shining Waters I'm going to have a conversation with the rainmakers and tell them that we've had about enough...it's not funny anymore...jokes over rainmakers. How would they like it if I sent rain on their rain? Or even better, some ketchup too? I bet they'd never find enough French Fries (not even in PEI) to turn their lemon-ketchup-rain into lemonade-ketchup rain (I hope I don't have to really do that though, because we don't have enough ketchup either. But I bet we could scrape enough off my brothers plate after supper. Dad says he uses way too much). Anyway, I'm supposed to go back to my cousin's for a BBQ after Shining Waters, so hopefully the rainmakers heard my ketchup rant enough to think I might be serious.

When life hands you lemons or tomatoes, turn it into lemonade and ketchup. But never, under any circumstances, should you EVER eat spicy-sauce ice-cream. Bleck.

Have a good day everyone.

1 comment:

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Oh I am laughing out loud right now. Thanks for that. I spent the whole day working and cleaning (YUCK!) and needed some fun!
Sounds like you're having a lot of fun going places and visiting people, despite the rain. I've never been on the Harbor Hippo. Was it fun?
Enjoy the rest of the summer.