Saturday, January 29, 2011

My Insane Tubing Parents

Do you like skiing?

Yeah I like skiing. But I don't like how it's spelled that's for sure. And I've never skied in my life. But you asked me if I like it. So in my limited knowledge, I'll say yes. We went tubing one time and that was fun though. Except for some reason, dad had to pretend that he liked me and was having fun every single time I asked him to pull me up the hill in the tube. What's the big deal? It's not like he's 40 yet. Sheesh. He and my uncle Dean kept hanging on to each other (when they reached the middle of the hill coming back up) for what seemed like dear life. I know they're brothers but that was a bit awkward I thought - and there were people everywhere. Uncle Dean kept saying, "Holy.......holy.......holy.......". Why would he pray at a ski hill? And dad kept saying something like, ".....Dean.....ahhhhh......Dean wait.....*gasp*......I can't...." Like spit it out already. Uncle Dean kept putting dad's hand on his chest saying, "feel that??..." I have no idea what they were doing - but they certainly weren't pushing me as fast as I wanted. And they looked ridiculous.

And mom was worse! She kept walking on the wrong trails, falling into the deep snow, wondering why every step she took kept getting deeper? Then she laughed so hard she nearly peed her pants. I was wondering why she was the only one like a deer in headlights, off to the side of all the runs looking like she was blindfolded and trying to pin a tail on a donkey or something.


Anyway, you had to see her.

Next time we go tubing, I'm taking some friends. At least I wouldn't have to look after THEM.

Here's a funny tubing video:




No comments: