Saturday, January 15, 2011

Restaurant- And Everything Else-Consultant

Q: What's your favorite restaurant?

A: Well whatever restaurant I put here will see their stocks rise because of the millions of hits I get on my website everyday! But my estimates may be a little off at my age so give or take a few Brazilians. Anyway, if you don't count McDonalds, Wendy's, Tim Hortons, Burger King, A&W, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Smitty's, East Side Marios, Don Cherry's (Moncton), that Pizza place in the Charlottetown Mall, or Pizza Delight, I would have to say my favorite restaurant is that place with the really good food. The one where the waitresses are really nice and your food comes in a jiffy, and it's always the perfect temperature, and kittens and puppies have their own tables.

I'll leave you all hanging and let you figure out which one it is. Or, you can just leave a comment and tell me what your favorite restaurant is. But I will tell you that no matter what restaurant my family eats at, dad says it always turns into a fiasco. What's a fiasco? IS that like a Canadian word, like Tabasco?

Anyway, the other night we went to a place called Pat and Willys. Can someone please tell me how such a boring name got picked for a restaurant? I'm trying to picture the excitement around the table when the owners slammed their hands down on the table with big smiles on their faces exclaiming, "From this day forward our awesome eating establishment will be named after a generic name and a name that rhymes with silly!" If I was at that table, that name would not have gone down in history. My 3 brothers INDIVIDUALLY could come up with better names - except for Dylan because he'd likely choose a name with the word hockey in it and that's just Willy!



But seriously...Pat? Willy? It's like the two worst words to put together. Why not choose something that will bring people in by the hoards??? Like how about "Alyssa Li's Most Awesome Restaurant, So Good In Fact That You'll Actually Love Your Kids More When You Leave!!"

Think about all the great visions in mom's and dad's heads before they go out to eat and how they dream that THIS will be the perfect family outing. But they end up driving home after the fact with grounded kids because DYLAN was a word that rhymes with poof wall for the entire supper!! Anyway, my point is, if you name it the right way, people will come in droves searching for the perfect experience.

Someday I am going to be a consultant. What do you think?

1 comment:

Nana :) said...

Keep 'em coming Alyssa :)