Sunday, January 30, 2011

Slow Slugs

Q: What do you think of slow drivers?

A: Hmmm...since I always sit in the back, and I can't see over the seats, how would I ever know that drivers are going slow? And for that matter...why would I even care? It's not like I have to be anywhere anytime soon. I'm 7. All I have to do is nothing that adults have to do. Oh no...I HAVE to be doing nothing RIGHT NOW. Mom...hurry up, can't you make the van go any faster??? Why are these people driving so SLOW!!! See, it's nothing like that for me, if someone's driving too slow, it impacts my life as much as slugs do. And they're disgusting, so whatever.



But mom, on the other hand, hates slow drivers. The van horn beeps, and dad beeps really loud so we can't hear mom, and we're being thrown too and fro, back and forth because she's ramming up the car's bumper, but dad says if she hits it it's her fault, so she slams on the brakes - it actually makes me sicker than slugs. But anyway, we always get where we're going. But I have no idea why dad beeps that loud - it REALLY makes mom angrier. Why does he do that???

When I grow up and get my license, I'll make sure that slow drivers feel okay about their speed. They're just people like me. But slugs will STILL be gross.

1 comment:

Nana said...

Oh Alyssa, that is hysterical!!! Good job you aren't in the car with ME when I start about slow drivers, maybe your dad gets that from me?