Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Adopted Mathematician

Q: What do you think of having an adopted brother?

A: WHAT??? HE'S ADOPTED??? Why doesn't anyone tell me these things? Which brother is adopted??? Does he even know? How will he turn out? Will he have an identity crisis? Do my parents know? What will he do if kids tease him? How will he handle the news that he is adopted if he doesn't know??? Will he get as many Christmas presents as me if everyone finds out? Will he be able to get his license when he grows up? What if his real parents try to find him? Does he need braces? If so, would he be covered under my father's health plan? If not, don't even go near my piggy bank. Will his arms fall off later in life or something? Oh no, even worse, will he make it to heaven??? Or does he go to adopted heaven with an adopted god that truly understands? Someone answer me before I unravel!!!

Just kidding. Yes I know he's adopted, and so am I for that matter. And we both live with our "real" parents. To answer your question, I think he's the best thing that ever happened to me :) Dad if you're reading this, I just said that in case he reads this. Hoo loves ya?

Adopted or not, he's my brother. And as much as he drives me crazy, someday he will win the Nobel peace prize because he's really really really good with math. So, you gotta' love him - he'll be your boss someday.

No comments: