Saturday, December 4, 2010

Coats Are For Girls I Guess

Q: Why do boys not wear a jacket in the winter time?

A: I DON'T KNOW. And neither do my parents. And neither does anyone. If you do, by all means fill me in on your pearl of wisdom - I think you'd create world peace or something by letting the whole world know why boys don't wear jackets. It's not for lacking discipline. I think my dad would be rich if someone gave him $1,000 every time he said, "Get back in the house for the love of whoever in this strange universe and put your coat on. What are you thinking? WHAT - ARE - YOU - THINKING???" I can feel dad's pain because he usually throws his hands in the air because he's always in a rush. I know what that's like. Ever try to get to gymnastics when your brother's keep having to back into the house to get their jackets???

It's a simple request right? It shouldn't be that hard. Put your coat on. How do they even remember to go out the front door? Or get up in the morning? They certainly know how to get to the fridge on their own, or ask "What's for supper?" I swear if their heads weren't sewed on they'd be like, "Hey where's my head? I just noticed it missing and it's the second part of double lunch. I'm calling mom and dad - they'll bring my head to school when they bring my jacket."

What's even more weird is that they complain about the house being too cold in the winter time - even when they wear sweaters - but they'll run outside when it's minus 25 Celsius and act like they're in Punta Cana.To dad's proverbial question they answer, "WHAT??? It's not cold. I can hardly see my breath. Sheesh - what's the big deal? It's like sunny and everything." Great...late for gymnastics again.

If someone knows why boys are like that, tell Ellen D - she can get the word out.

Anywaaaaaay...whatever. This video basically reminds me of what the boys look like when they're telling dad why they forgot their coats:


3 comments:

Nana said...

Oh Alyssa, if Dad could only learn to let them freeze their butts off just once, they would never forget them again...........guess he didn't learn from his own childhood experience. What will we do with that Daddy of yours?

Alyssa Li said...

Nana,

He has actually let them come in with ice hanging off them. But they are somewhat stubborn. Where do they get that anyway? Suffice it to say, they still insist that Punta Cana is the pace to be.

Alyssa

Chris, Tammy and the gang! said...

Hilarious! And so true!