Saturday, December 18, 2010

Stund-a-mundo

Q: Why do girls like dolls?

A: You must be related to the guy on that spaceship show with the pointy ears. He has absolutely no emotion whatsoever. I am almost certain that if you placed him in front of a Barbie house, he'd have no idea what to do with himself. He'd analyze Barbie into oblivion. I'm sure you'd do the same. Why do girls like dolls? That's like asking why do boys act stunned all the time?



Or why do parents always say they don't have money when we're in the toy aisle but then spend some at the cash register for ridiculous things like toilet paper?



Come on. Really? Besides, dolls have more personality than anyone I know. And they listen to whatever I tell them to do.

On the other hand, if I put myself in my brothers' shoes, put on safety goggles, run outside with a Nerf gun and attempt to annihilate the neighborhood, that would be akin to dragging myself through shards of glass and iodine.



Every time my brothers run outside in full gear, I feel sad for them because their poor brains have nothing going on except a vision of dancing cows in a field mixed with background carnival music.




At least Barbies are interesting.


1 comment:

K said...

So true about boys!