Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Overpaid Penguin

Q: What do you think of Sidney Crosby's point streak?

A: Hey I know him! My brother dylan never shuts up about him. But I don't pay any more attention than that. He's a hockey player. Big whoop - I'm a princess. But one thing I don't understand is why he makes so much money. He skates around (who doesn't??) slapping a rubber disk in a mesh net with a slim piece of wood. Anyone can do that!! Maybe he just hits it really hard, but what's so special about that? How good could he possibly be? Mom was sitting with dad the other night when he was watching hockey and she definitely did NOT like Sidney's "stache" as she called it. What is that anyway, his purse?


Anyway, she said it was just silly. My dad said he made about $9M last year just playing hockey, but he made tons more "smiling for the camera." So what?? I have lots of money in my piggy bank AND I'm going to work at Claire's when I get older.

Anyway, back to his point streak. All I can say is whoopdeedooo. Can he shovel the driveway like I did with dad when nobody else would? Do that Sidney. Dad didn't even ask me to help him. I bet if I called you to come help the other day, you'd say something like, "Oh, I can't right now, I'm busy making money and I'm just sitting on the couch." Whatever Mr. Point Streak. Dad didn't even pay me to help him. Well, he did take me to Tim Horton's after and bought me a cheese croissant because apparently I had too many Skittles prior to that. But whatever. My point is: I could probably outskate you any day.


Dylan could deek you for sure too - he's dad's favorite hockey player. Slap a picture of a penguin on your helmet and you think you're the best hockey player in the world or something.

Whatever. Here's a commercial of Sidney Crosby:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I sooo agree with you Alyssa!!! They get paid toooo much, however, if Dylan makes it to the big leagues, hmmmm, maybe he can make good money too, and, and buy Nana a car or something...........hmmmm