Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Big One

Q: Why do people die?

A: Now who would write such a question to a 5 year old? Especially after the toilet seat question before it! Is there anything in between urine and death? Apparently not! Not according to my mother anyway if you do pee on the toilet seat. I digress.

But since I am a sage, let me disclose the facts of life (or death in this case):

I think it has something to do with the centrifugal force of the earth. Short of that, probably because we want to. I mean, do you want to be laying on a bed when you're 276 years old? Albeit, if mom was 276, she probably wouldn't get mad at my brothers then if they peed on the seat then. But she would if dad did it I bet, because he'd have no excuse if he was 276, when his sons would only be 250, 249, and 244 respectively. Anyway, we get old...but that's a whole other question.

I suppose we'll get a fresh start in Barbie Heaven though, so you hang in there. Until then, get your self a Barbie here on earth...kind of gets you through these existential moments in life, you know?

If you're still wondering why we die, ask somebody else, I don't have a clue.







No comments: