Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I'm Like Noooo Way!

Q: Why can kids hardly wait to be teenagers?

A: I have no freakin' clue. Here's why. Just today my favorite cousin Lauren (she's 13) came into her house with 3 other friends. Herein lies their dialogue:

Door opens..."...and I was like no way, and she said, 'yeah-way', and I said, 'na-ah', and she was all like, 'totally', and I was like 'as if', and she said, 'yeah girl', and I said, "LOL", and she said, "I know, right!", and I said, 'whatever.' Imagine! I'm like "nooooooo way!"

How drole is that? If hormones make people talk in incomplete sentences, then I'll pass go and collect my $200, thanks. It took everything in me to not say, "You insignificant psychological pieces of inginuity, how can you all be so consecutive in your mental capacity???" GOOD GRIEF, CHARLIE BROWN!!!



Now, I really like Lauren, but it's like she's morphing into an alien that doesn't speak my lingo anymore. But anyway, tough shell here people.

I think most kids really want to be teenager just because it means you can watch PG-13 movies. But whatever the reason...for the sake of Pete, get those marbles out of your mouth!!


Watch the girl in this video for example...she might be my age, and she sounds just like Lauren and her friends - but I'll pay anyone $5 if they can tell me what she says:




2 comments:

Nana said...

Oh Alyssa, it is soooo hard to watch and listen to teenagers for sure, even harder watching them become adults. I thought I was up for the challenge and "ha, ha, I am about to win five bucks", alas, all I heard was , um, ah, lip balm. Will YOU be like that I wonder? Nah, you will always be articulate I think, right Alyssa? Right?

Ronalda said...

I totally agree with you Alyssa Li. Have no idea what that girl said, on video.
It's a terrible state of affairs. I think they do it so that we have no idea what they're talking about.
BTW, it's very hard being a teenager. But your Dad will help you as he already grew up with Dawn and he knows the signs.