Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Zombies and Old Ladies

Q: Do you like waiting in lineups?

A: Okay, here's the situation. I don't like waiting anywhere, anytime. I'm the carbon copy of my mother. If something's not happening like yesterday then I'm like soooo hurry up this is ridiculous. You should see me and mom when my brother's bus is coming up the street and they're all walking around like zombies with one sock on, one off, and they can't find their lunches or kit bags. I can hardly stand it; I have to say SOMETHING. It's usually like, "stop walking around like zombies and get into the land of the living."

Oh yeah...back to lineups. Anyway, the one place I hate waiting is at a bank lineup. Nobody says a word; there's like this weird silence and for some reason dad's always saying, "stop walking circles around me; stop holding onto my pant legs - they're twisting all up; shhhhhhhhhhhhh." What's his problem??? It's not like we're trying to look inconspicuous. Or are we? I don't know. Come to think of it...everyone's doing the same don't-look-at-each-other thing. I don't know what's so interesting about the ceiling and floor.....GEEZ. But the tellers on the other hand are in a league of their own. I notice that they stare right into dad's eyes when they talk to him. There's one lady there that has like lasers in her eyes I think. And she acts really funny after she asks a question...she looks at the monitor like it has 6 heads and keeps staring blankly at it. That makes everyone look around even MORE. It's almost as if she will ground them if she catches someone looking at her - like she's the only one allowed to look at people. What gives???

Oh yeah, the other thing I don't like about bank lines is old ladies. They always get to be seated when they do their banking. I think they walk slow on purpose. Why are they so special anyway? I'm taking a cane the next time we go there. I HATE waiting in lineups. And I don't even know what  inconspicuous means, dad made me use it.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alyssa...my sides are splitting! I love your sense of humor :)